Wednesday, September 19, 2012

How much is that doggie in the window?

When I was a child, I would do the following...

- Watch cartoons
- Read books
- Draw pictures
- Color with crayons
- Give random hugs
- Play with puppies and kittens. I wanted to buy them all.
- Sit on a patch of grass and watch the clouds

Now that I'm an adult, this is what I do...
- Watch cartoons
- Read books
- Draw pictures
- Color with crayons
- Play with puppies and kittens. Now I can buy them all, but I know I don't have the proper environment to have a pet at the moment.
- Go to work

So I no longer give random hugs and watch the clouds. That sucks, but I'm still mostly me. Actually, I still get to watch the clouds a bit...so it's only the random hug thing that's missing.

A-c-t-u-a-l-l-y, I still randomly hug people, but only if I know them (really know them, not just Facebook know them). In New York City, it's safe to only hug people you know who bathe. I assume all the folks I know do bathe (I hope).

And I don't go to work at the moment because I got laid off....so I can't count that.

I guess I still do the same things I've done as a child. Have I grown up? Not really, except that I'm responsible. Buying cute puppies and kittens just because you can is not a good thing. Growing up means becoming responsible...yeah, that sounds good right?

I forgot the point of this blog...I'm going to go color now.

*Note: This is meant to be a funny and introspective self-commentary. If you haven't figured that out yet....well, not sure if there's much help for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment