Saturday, February 16, 2013

Hello Kitty Chia pets are temperamental...

For my true blog peeps out there, I'm very sorry I haven't kept you updated on the fate of my Hello Kitty Chia Pet. It turns out that growing a Chia Pet is very entertaining, but writing about it wasn't. But you know what the funny part about this whole experiment was? It seems that I had a bunch of new readers from the Internet just because my blog was about Hello Kitty. How crazy was that? Perhaps next time I'll write about Batman.

Let's look at some photos shall we?

Day 4 finally yielded some chia growth...but the stupid seeds had a tendency not to stay in place. You can see the groves where the seeds lie in, but the seeds on the bottom would not stay in place. I had days and days of issues with the seeds just sliding off. Chia Hello Kitty wound up having bald spots.
Meanwhile, the excessive amount of chia seeds in threw into my Chia cat grass planter grew a lot faster than I expected. After seeing how well they were doing with simple dirt (and considering how many seeds I put in that container), I knew I was going to have a crazy amount of chia action about to happen....crazy chia action!!!!
 
Day 6...now things really started to grow. But they never grew like the picture on the box. I think next time I'm going to need a squirt bottle, which will keep the seeds moist but not give them so much water that they slide off.

The extra chia seeds were growing like crazy...with crazy chia action. In fact, they grew so fast (and because I put too many seeds inside), that the seeds killed each other. Or maybe I over watered it...I guess we'll never know the truth.
 
Now I wish I would have taken additional pictures after these first few days. The funny thing is that I thought I did. But I can't find those pictures....maybe I dreamt them up. But here's what I learned: chia seeds grows faster in dirt than on top of a ceramic Hello Kitty.  It grows so fast that I could swear I could see it growing.
 
And as fascinating as watching Hello Kitty grow chia on her head (that really doesn't sound right), it is not the most exciting thing to write about. I'll try again with Hello Kitty 2.0; maybe I'll use more humorous commentary.
 
In my future blogs, I'm going to stop trying to writing meaningful words. I'm so concerned about making my blog full of meaningful thoughts that it take me forever just to write an entry. From this point on, they maybe short and sweet, just a picture I took, a poem, a short video...whatever strikes my fancy. Regardless of what I write, it will be entertaining so I hope you'll all keep reading...
 
***If you really wanna show your love, subscribe to my blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment